- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Marinated / Pickled Mussels
Number of Servings: 8
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 6 lb fresh PEI mussels
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small hot pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots or green onions, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar (marinade)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard (marinade)
- 2 clove garlic, chopped (marinade)
- 1/4 tsp salt (marinade)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (marinade)
- 1 dash black pepper (marinade)
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water.
- Place all ingredients (not the marinade ingredients) in a large saucepan with a lid and steam for 5-7 minutes until mussels are steamed open.
- Remove mussels. Discard any mussels that do not open
- When cool, shuck mussels and place meats in a large serving dish. Combine above marinate ingredients in an air-tight container and shake vigorously to blend.
- Pour over mussels
- Refrigerate until ready to use.