Number of Servings:
Source: Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- 1 lb fresh cultured blue mussels
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tsp dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- Rinse the fresh blue mussels in tap water. Place in a large saucepan with a small amount of water on high heat. Cover and let steam until shells open (5 – 7 minutes). Remove half of shell.
- Cool mussels.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spoon ½ tsp of mixture over each mussel.