- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Blue Mussels on the Half Shell
Number of Servings: 6
Rate this Recipe:
Get your party off to a delicious start with this fantastic appetizer. Served on the half shell with sherry and fennel for a flavor that’s truly delectable.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, dill and coriander, mixed
- 2 cup medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 36 fresh blue cultured mussels
- Rinse the fresh blue cultured mussels in tap water.
- In saucepan, bring water or wine to boil.
- Add fresh blue mussels, cover and steam over high heat until open (5-8 minutes). Remove from heat, reserving 2 tbsp of cooking liquid. Remove mussel meat from shells, reserving half shells.
- In a bowl, combine reserved liquid, oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley mixture and tomatoes; add fresh blue mussels and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- To serve, place a mussel in each half shell and cover with tomato mixture. Arrange on platter.