- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Mussels in Fresh Lime
Number of Servings: 4
Rate this Recipe:
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 fresh limes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cream
- 36 fresh cultured blue mussels
- 1 pinch ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water.
- In a large sauce pan bring the wine, grated zest of one lime and sugar to boil.
- Add mussels and steam on high heat until they are open (5-8 minutes).
- Drain mussels, reserving juice. Place mussels in their shells in a separate container to keep them warm.
- Sauté shallots and the zest of one lime in butter until golden. Add lime juice and reserved mussel juice.
- Gently boil to reduce by one half/ Whisk in cream.
- Pour over mussels and serve immediately.