- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Mussels with Salsa
Number of Servings: 3
Rate this Recipe:
- 2 1⁄2 lb fresh blue cultured mussels
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- flat leaf parsley or cilantro, finely chopped - optional
1. Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water and set aside. Discard any mussel that does not close after being rinsed.
2. Place salsa and water in a large pot over medium heat. Add mussels and cover. Leave to steam for 5-7 minutes, until mussels are open. Discard any mussels that do not open.
3. Toss mussels with salsa and fresh cilantro, if using.
Serve with corn tortilla chips to scoop up the sauce.