- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Mussels with Sundried Tomatoes
Number of Servings: 6
Rate this Recipe:
- 6 lb fresh blue cultured mussels
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 green onions, light green and white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, frond removed, outer layer removed, bulb thinly sliced
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water and set aside. Discard any mussel that does not close after being rinsed.
- Heat olive in a large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions, fennel and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add sundried tomatoes and stir well to coat. Add wine and mussels, stir gently, then cover. Leave mussels to steam for 5-7 minutes, until mussels are open. Discard any mussels that are not open.
- Remove mussels with a slotted spoon and set aside in a serving bowl.
- To the vegetables add cream, capers, lemon juice and zest, sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Give this a good stir and then pour over the mussels
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.