- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Number of Servings: 8
Rate this Recipe:
- 6 lb fresh cultured blue mussels
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallots or green onions, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar (marinade)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard (marinade)
- 2 clove garlic, chopped (marinade)
- 1⁄4 tsp salt (marinade)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (marinade)
- 1 dash black pepper (marinade)
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water.
- Place all ingredients (not the marinade ingredients) in a large sauce pan with a lid and steam for 5 to 7 minutes until fresh blue mussels are steamed open (about 3 minutes).
- Remove mussels, discarding any that do not open.
- When cool, shuck mussels and place meats in a large serving dish. Combine above marinate ingredients in an air-tight container and shake vigorously to blend.
- Pour over fresh blue mussels.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.