- about mussels
- enjoy mussels
- healthy living
Mussels in Green Curry Broth
Number of Servings: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Green curry paste with a touch of heat puts a Thai twist on classic French mussels. Serve with crusty baguette to sop up every last bit of the savory broth.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 4 lb fresh cultured blue mussels
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Steam mussels. Discard any that do not open.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and salt and cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in mussels and pour in wine. Cover and steam for 7 minutes. Remove lid and sprinkle with cilantro and pepper.